[caption id="attachment_1107" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Ford Racing's New Aluminator Engine Ideal for supercharging M-6007-A50SC"][/caption]
By now everyone knows that supercharging your 2011+ 5.0 liter Mustang engine isn’t an ideal proposition for big power.
The engine’s inherent 11:1 compression ratio makes adding more boost an exercise that requires an expert tuning and
supercharger design format to keep it from blowing apart.
Ford Racing has come to the rescue with their new 5.0L Mustang “Aluminator” crate engine for supercharging. It’s the very
same 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that with Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT), but comes with a lower
native compression ratio of 9.5:1
Using low compression forged pistons and forged H-beam connecting rods, the engine is better suited for your high
horsepower builds as it isn’t as high strung and fragile at the outset.
Inside, you will find Mahle hard anodized forged pistons and Manley H-Beam rods with ARP bolts. The block of course has
cross-bolted mains and you get a large 8 quart deep sump pan too.
Ford Racing's 5.0L Mustang "Aluminator" crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features
like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver big power. Unlike the factory 5.0L engine, the
"Aluminator" is built with low compression forged pistons and H-beam connecting rods to meet the demands of forced
• Fits 2011-2012 Mustang GT
• 5.0L (302 cubic inches) M-6007-A50SC
• 9.5:1 compression ratio for supercharged applications (nominal)
• Mahle Hard Anodized forged pistons with Graphal low friction coating
• Manley H-beam connecting rods with ARP bolts
• Lightweight aluminum cylinder block, part no: M-6010-A50L4V, features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main
bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
• Large rear sump oil pan with 8qt capacity features optimized oil drainback and windage tray to control oil and improve
• Tuned composite Mustang GT intake manifold with production drive by wire 80 mm throttle body
• Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction with
• Boss Valve Springs, M-6513-M50BR
• Includes manual transmission engine harness, 6-bolt pressure plate flywheel and pilot bearing
• Front Cover is modified for Ford Racing Supercharger Kits: M-6066-MGT23TD, M-6066-MGT23PTD
• Includes colder, heat range zero (0) spark plugs for supercharging, part no: M-12405-M50
• Includes Ford Racing oil filter, part no: M-6731-FL820
• Vehicle harness and PCM not included. Use Ford Racing wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-A504V designed for
street rod/project car installation.
• Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50ALT or M-8600-BALT
• Remote Mount Filter Adapter M-6881-M50 available for applications requiring oil filter relocation
• Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
• NOTE: Due to 9.5:1 compression ratio, custom tuning is required for optimum performance
• Shown with optional 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit, Part No: M-9680-M50
Ford Racing’s 5.0L DOHC Aluminator SC Engine has a retail price of $8099.00.
Ford Racing Releases The Perfect 5.0L Mustang Engine For Supercharging - The New "Aluminator"
01- 06- 2012