New Ford Roller Lifter Design Adds More RPM And HP
Take a look at how Ford Racing redesigned their hydraulic roller lifters for the popular SBF Ford 302/351 or 331/347 popular stroker applications. The newly designed performance roller lifters are Ford Racing Part # For-M-6500-R302H. They have been developed by Ford Performance because of poor performance with prior lifters that were supplied to circle track racers. Racers were complaining they were loosing power and the engines would not rev as high as they were designed to during long green flag racing.
After testing the old design lifters Ford Performance discovered that when the oil got hot the pedal valve check ball would become unseated at high RPM causing a loss of pressure within the roller lifters, this in turn caused the valve train to lose lift and not produce the power expected.
The Ford Racing engineers fixed the problem with a higher rate pit spring and a lighter weight ceramic check ball that now allows the engine's valve train to function correctly and now actually increase the power and RPM.
These new parts are now found in these Ford Racing M-6500-R302H lifters. This fix now allows the valve train to function as it was designed in ALL operating temperatures to give big performance gains in full RPM range and in all engine operating conditions.
- These lifters are direct replacement for the OEM small block hydraulic roller lifter applications
- High Performance hydraulic roller tappet recommended for performance and racing applications
- Uses OEM dog-bone type tie bars and retainer plate components
- Complete set of 16 lifters
- This Ford Racing Modified OEM lifter features ceramic check ball and higher rate piddle valve spring to improve performance at higher RPMs and higher oil temperatures. Ford Racing dyno tests have shown 200 to 300 RPM increase in RPM range over stock OEM type hydraulic roller lifters.
- Click Here For More Information